- When someone has sent you a file via Princeton University’s Secure File Transfer service, you will receive a notice in your email indicating that the file is available.
Click the link indicating the file name to download the file.
- If you receive the following message, the sender has not gone through the process of approving your account.
Contact the sender and ask him or her to go through the approval process as described in the instructions for securely sending files.
- Once the sender has approved your account, clicking the link in the email message in step 1 will direct to you to look for a message in your email with a link to begin the account creation process.
- Click the link in the email to validate your account and to continue the registration process.
- Once you’ve clicked the link, you will be prompted to create and verify a password for your Secure File Transfer account.
Enter the password you select (a minimum of 8 characters with at least one alphabetic character and one number), verify it and click the “Download” button.
- You will then be presented with a screen listing the files you can download. Click the appropriate file link to download each file.
NOTE - the file is only available for 7 days after which the sender will need to resend the file.
- As for any download, depending on your system’s settings, your system may ask whether you would like to open the file with an associated application program or save it to disk.
Select the appropriate option.
After the file is received, if the sender set the option to “Send notification on file delivery”, the sender will receive an email indicating that the file was received.