- If your University business requires that you regularly exchange files with someone off-campus, Secure File Sharing provides a mechanism for inviting the individual to register as a restricted user so he or she can send you files as necessary. To do so, perform the following steps:
Enter the following URL into your browser: https://securesend.princeton.edu to display the login screen.
Log into Secure File Sharing with your registered email address and its associated password in the spaces provided, and click the "Login" button.
Note - If you have been given an email address in the form email@example.com, you must log into Secure File Sharing with that address, not with the traditional firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Secure File Sharing session opens on the File Manager page.
Click the “Send File” tab to move to the appropriate tab for sending files.
NOTE - Secure File Sharing is Java-based, so when you switch to the "Send File" tab, a dialog box may be displayed asking you to allow a Java applet to access your computer. Clicking "Allow" will enable you to continue with the invitation process.
- Click the button in the upper right labeled "Invite user.
- The following form is displayed where you provide the email address of the invitee and any message you would like to send.
- The following acknowledgment is displayed when the invitation is successfully sent.
- The invitee will receive an email with a link he or she must click to complete the registration.
- When the invitee clicks the link in the email, the following form is displayed so that the invitee can set his or her password.
- The invitee receives an acknowledgment when the registration has been successfully processed.
- The invitee is then redirected to the start page of the service.