Report an Incident
Harassing or Abusive Communications
If you receive harassing, abusive or offensive communications from a member of the University community, you should report the matter to the most appropriate of the following contacts:
- Office of Human Resources (258-3300)
- Office of Dean of the Faculty (258-3020)
- Office of Graduate Student Life (258-3035)
- Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students (258-5750)
- Counseling Services Program (Appointments: 258-3141 / Urgent Care: 258-3139)
- Department of Public Safety (258-3134)
- Ombuds Office (258-1775)
- General Counsel (258-2500)
If you receive harassing, abusive or offensive communications, "spam" or "chain letters" from outside of the University community, you usually can report the incidents to the appropriate authorities, as most schools, corporations, and Internet service providers do not intend their electronic resources to be used for such purposes.
If you are not sure of the appropriate division to handle the matter on your behalf, the OIT Support and Operations Center staff (8-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org) can help you make the appropriate referral.