- When someone has sent you a file via Princeton University’s Secure File Transfer service, you will receive a notice in your email indicating that the file is available.
Click the link indicating the file name to download the file.
- When you click the link, you will be presented with a screen for you to identify your account.
Enter your email address and click the “Submit" button.
Note - If you have been given an email address in the form email@example.com, you must log into Secure File Sharing with that address, not with the traditional firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will then be asked for your Princeton University password. Enter your password and click the “Download” button.
- You will then be presented with a screen listing the files you can download.
Click the appropriate file link to download each file.
NOTE - the file is only available for 7 days after which the sender will need to resend the file.
- As for any download, depending on your system’s settings, your system may ask whether you would like to open the file with an associated application program or save it to disk.
Select the appropriate option.
After the file is received, if the sender set the option to “Send notification on file delivery”, the sender will receive an email indicating that the file was received.